- Curriculum vitae: HTML
First-author papers ordered by citations.
All papers ordered by citations.
- Press releases
- Historical interviews
- Research results:
- The search for supermassive black holes in galactic nuclei
- Movies: Talks on supermassive black holes in galactic nuclei:
public talk on supermassive black holes (Univ. of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK; Sept. 27, 2016. This file is 5.8 Gb in size.
Recommend: Save it on your computer and watch the saved version.)
public talk on supermassive black holes (Pacific Institute of Theoretical Physics (PITP), Vancouver, B.C., Canada, March 22, 2017). The PITP web site for
this talk is here.
- Semi-popular-level talk for McDonald Obervatory Board of Visitors (2020 Nov. 19)
on "Supermassive and Stellar-Mass Black Holes: Synergy in Science" (Caution: 90 Mb file)
- Coevolution (Or Not) Of Supermassive Black Holes And Host Galaxies (Bishop Lecture at Columbia University, April 24, 2015: 1.9 Gb)
- Coevolution (Or Not) Of Supermassive Black Holes And Host Galaxies (Colloquium at Harvard University, Oct. 15, 2015: 1.4 Gb)
- Coevolution (Or Not) Of Supermassive Black Holes And Host Galaxies (Colloquium at Institute d'Astrophysique, Paris, Sept. 16, 2016: 0.6 Gb)
- Popular-level articles on supermassive black holes and their relations to their host galaxies:
- Elliptical galaxies and bulges of disk galaxies
- Dark matter
- Secular evolution in galaxy structure
- Pictures of the total solar eclipse of August 21, 2017
- Other subjects
- Non-astronomical interests
You are visitor number
since October 16, 1997.
University of Texas Astronomy Home Page
Last site update: October 8, 2022
John Kormendy (email@example.com)